Thursday, September 3, 2009

Reduce

My Mission
I am on a mission to REDUCE. I need to reduce my debt, weight, time wasted and monthly expenses. The reason for starting this blog is to hold myself accountable. Some expenses can't be changed but the ones that can REALLY can. So I am on a mission to drop my monthly grocery budget by half. With three growing kids and 2 adults food leaves this house faster than it comes in. So with the help of coupons combined with grocery store deals and a solid meal plan I will do my best. At first I am going to try to reduce it by $200 a month.

So I will be posting my regular deals I get at the stores for the week. Then the following week on Monday I will be posting my meal plan with what I bought the week before. Not all of my items will be from coupons.

This week I went to a lot of stores for my deals. This is not a normal practice. I do most of my shopping between Target and Schnucks.

My Meal plans will be posted by Monday for that week. The meal plan will consist of recipes from the internet, cook books or my own recipes. I will be adding a post this week on how I do my meal plans to save my family time/money.

Coupons!! I love coupons when I can get the items I need for less than the store brand and sometimes FREE. Who doesn't love to get things for free?? I will be adding a post this week on how and where I get my coupons. How I use them to cut my grocery budget.

So with that being said I did take advantage of the free $10 off of $50 at shop n save. (This will be a quick post tonight and not as detailed as my previous post.)

I did a random trip to get odds and ends for the items on my menu I didn't have in stock. With mf cpns and the $10 my OOP 39.19 Saved 50.94 (saved is not including sale price. That is just in cpns.)

I also ran into Schnucks to take advantage of the great meat sale on pork roast .87lb and split chicken breast .99lb. I bought 3 roast 2 cut into steaks for Labor Day and one to use later in the month. I also got 3 pkg of breast to be used through out the month. So if you have a chance to get into Schnucks stock up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment